Sunday, November 21, 2021

Extra Credit AI Post


Learning about the AI technologies through the video screened in class was exciting yet also quite scary.

The video first shows a quite disturbing AI baby that is supposedly able to at least begin to mimic human emotion and interact with humans beyond just the basic robots that we interact with daily on automated call and chat help services. This was quite concerning to me because I do not quite understand the need for this whatsoever.

There also was a man with a robotic arm to help him make music. This was actually a really interesting technology because with certain technologies within the fingers holding the drumsticks, it could create rhythms that humans can not. At this part of the film, the question begins to subtly bring up the question "How far is too far?". However, it does not address any limitations or potential ethical concerns and just shows the vastness of the technologies.

Through following will.i.am and his journey to create an AI avatar to practically help him through his busy schedule, he said something I feel is important to end on and is how I feel about AI technology as it has much bigger implications than the simplicity of his quote.

"I do not want it too detailed. My mother should not have to be confused as to if this is the real me or not when she sees my avatar".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

My relationship with the internet: I would like to first note that I am writing this without checking my screen time, I think those might be...